Discover. Nurture. Grow.
Changing from what we are to what we are called to be!
Relationships today can become overwhelming or sometimes confusing due to mixed messages, unmet expectations, and any of a hundred other distractions. What if our connection with our friends, family, and even God isn’t what it could be? Come explore these relationships and strive to change how you view them and yourself . . . make a “Metamorphosis” - a CHANGE.
What you will need to know about our retreat:
1) On Saturday afternoon there will be an opportunity to go horseback riding and do a high ropes course. The staff at the Rockin C Ranch are highly trained and both of these activities are completely safe if all guidelines are followed and they are included in the fee for the retreat. Be sure to bring long pants and sturdy shoes if you plan to ride.
2) What will you need to bring besides an open mind and a Christian attitude?
A) A bible
B) A sleeping bag ORsheets/blankets (bring extra blankets if you are cold natured)
C) Toiletries (there are showers) = towels, shampoo, soap, toothbrush/paste, etc.
D) Sturdy shoes and/or an extra pair of shoes in case it is muddy
E) Rain gear for just in case
F) A jacket
G) A flashlight
3) What you will not need to bring:
A) A cell phone (they don’t work out there anyway)
B) Portable DVD players or other electronics
C) Money or expensive items (we are not responsible for lost items). You will not need extra money for anything while we are there.
4) REMEMBER, the cost of the retreat includes ALL meals but you do need to eat before 5:30 p.m. on Friday afternoon. PLEASE DON’T BE LATE! We would like to leave SPX by 6:00 p.m.
5) The current weather prediction is for low to mid 80’s during the day with a slight chance of rain, but remember, once the sun goes down it’s always colder. Of course, this is Texas so anything is possible—just try to be prepared!!! If packing shorts remember that you will need long pants to go horseback riding AND shorts must not be short shorts and all shirts must be modest!
6) EAT BEFORE YOU ARRIVE IN THE YOUTH ROOM!!! You are welcome to come a little early and go into Communion Hall and purchase a Fish Fry dinner.
We'll see you on Friday!!!